Technology was first recorded in 1605, technology is from the Greek word technología systematic treatment.
Technology is the practical application of knowledge especially in a particular area such as in business, education and communication. Technology in the workplace confirms that technology is important to business, furthermore it continues to transform the business world and the effect from these variations are always notable and come sooner than expected.
1. Scientific innovation: This can take many methods, including automation and modernization of necessary structures and progressions. For small business, this offer market expansion.
• Market expansion: Internet allow a business man to offer his products/services to people around the world through the use of a website.
• While innovation technology replaces the dependency of human beings, it also offers the opportunity to meet customer demand more quickly and efficiently.
2. Office Technology: In every office there’s a computer fitted with the modern software for data management, communications and assignment accomplishment. These might also bring office distractions.
• Office distractions: Some people are making calls via Skype while others are talking on their personal cell phones.
• Employees are not able to complete their work because of these constant distractions of ringing phones and continuous emails.
3. Technology advances: The Cell companies are coming up with the latest features that can accommodate the current technology and retrenchment at workplace can occur.
• Retrenchment: Currently people are using “press” options and this reduces the need for receptionists.
• Cell phones allow people to download apps that replaces most of the employment. This affects receptionists or cashiers.
Jonathan Mildenhall said that if you don’t have room to fail, you don’t have room to grow. Technology has made us ever more productive, creative, efficient, advanced and most of all, we are making use of the benefits and opportunities that come our way.
Gleeson,, Patrick. (2018, March 15). How Is Technology Impacting the Changes in the 21st Century Workplace? Small Business – Chron.com. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/technology-impacting-changes-21st-century-workplace-3357.html
Nestor-Harper, Mary. (2018, March 28). The Disadvantages of Technology in the Workplace. Small Business – Chron.com. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/disadvantages-technology-workplace-20157.html
Sherman, Fraser. (2018, March 15). Advantages and Disadvantages of Technology Advances. Small Business – Chron.com. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/advantages-disadvantages-technology-advances-12579.html
Technology. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved April 29, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/technology