BUSINESS industry leader or an emerging industry



KW: uk business visa(s),
uk business immigration, immigration
law firm in London

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

Business Visa Do You Need?

For true innovation and competitive edge comes a
growing need for a diverse workforce, including foreign nationals from around
the world. If you are a business or organisation
that is considering creating a recruitment path to globalise your business, or a
foreign national applying for work in London—you need to understand which UK
business visa is applicable. As a job applicant, be sure to confirm that your
employer is open to participating in the required visa sponsorship process. As
the top immigration law firm in London, we can help. To begin with, here is an
in-depth look at the different types of business visas.

Tier 1 General Visas

While business may be your goal, your visa might fall
under the category of Tier 1 General visa. Below are some common business needs
that fit this classification:

Entrepreneur Visas

If you have decided to launch a primary or secondary
business in the United Kingdom, you will require a Tier 1 General UK business
visa. Even if your plan is not to live full-time in London, you must keep a
close eye on the amount of time you stay each year.

Investor Visa

As an investor,
you will likely need to spend more time in London than the average holiday or
visit visa allows. To ensure that you have the
freedom and flexibility to come and go with ease, an Investor visa is

Exceptional Talent

If you are an industry leader or an emerging industry
leader, you may find yourself being invited to speak, teach and present on a
regular basis—or even hired to work on a long-term project. To ensure you can stay long enough to positively
contribute to the work you excel in, a Talent visa is required.

Graduate Entrepreneur Visa

If you are an international student who completed a
degree course in the UK, and would like
to remain in the country to launch your new business—then this is the visa you

Tier 2 Sponsorship General Visa

If you, or the
employee you wish to hire doesn’t quite fit the qualifications above, a Tier 2
visa may be a better fit. This often
applies to employees who fill vital, yet less specialised
positions. First, you will need to grant the applicant a Certificate of Sponsorship
which ensures the applicant is able, willing, and qualified to accept the
position you are offering. Once you have
provided a Sponsorship License, your employee can apply for their Tier 2 visa:

Tier 2 General Visa

This is for
any position that is less specialised in
nature than Tier 1 visas. This is not to
say that a skillset is less valuable or essential;
but from an immigration standpoint, the
position is less specialised.

Intra-Company Transfer

If you would like to transfer one of your current
overseas employees to work in your London offices, you will need an
intra-company UK business immigration transfer. In most cases, you will need to
have been employed for at least 12 months, and plan to remain in your position
for more than 12 months. However, high salary professionals and executives
(over $73,900) can be employed for a
shorter period of time.

Sole UK Representative of an Overseas Business

This type of visa is ideal for a senior representative
who will be coming to the UK to open up a UK branch of an existing foreign business. This
is a common alternative to an entrepreneurship visa.

Business Visitors

If you will be working with an internal or external
professional who will not be moving
to London, but needs to be in the UK for
up to 6 months to complete their project—then this is the appropriate visa.
This visa also allows for multiple entries in the designated 6 months.

Tier 2 Sportspersons

Sports talent has become as globalised as every other industry. This visa is reserved for elite coaches and athletes, and
their immediate families. This is a 3-year
visa that can be extended up to 6 years.

Tier 2 Minister of Religion

This UK business visa is for ministers of religion,
missionaries, and members of the religious
order who have been offered a job within a faith community. This visa extends
to spouse and children.

Tier 5 Temporary Categories

Not all work is long-term, but it may surpass a
standard travel or holiday visa. In many cases a Tier 5 temporary visa is
sufficient. You still need a Certificate of Sponsorship for a Temporary
Category visa. Often sought out by artists, athletes, youth mobility workers,
exchange students, professional training, and other short-term business visits.

To learn more about which type of visa is applicable to you or the employee you plan to hire or sponsor, reach out to ADD BUSINESS NAME—the top immigration law
firm in London.




I'm Alfred!

Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out